Followers

Saturday, October 6, 2012

PR- Personal Record:5-1

October 4th, 2012
“PR”- Personal Record- 5:1

When & Where: Since I've joined my cross-fit (an exercise program that combines various forms of fitness) gym back in May, I have been exposed to so many words that are completely foreign to me!

Level of Familiarity: The acronym “PR” I first saw on the daily whiteboard next to people’s names. The first time I saw it, I just ignored it because I was so overwhelmed with doing the work-out correctly. But then overtime, I began to hear people say when they were lifting “I PR’d.” After a few exposures to the acronym, I realized people were referring to beating their previous weight for lifting and setting a new personal record!
 


Defintion: The definition really speaks for itself. When a person sets a “PR” that means that they have exceeded their previous weight with a lift and he/she set a personal record.

Reflective Commentary: Now that I am familair with the acronym "PR," I have already used it appropriately this week. I achieved my first "PR's" with schoulder press and a clean lift (types of weight lifts regularly appearing in cross-fit workouts).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment