Followers

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Google Chrome: 5-2

October 6th, 2012
Google Chrome


When & Where: So last month I created an iMovie of my students and I wanted to upload the video to youtube.com so we could make the video public. After several attempts to successfully download my content, I kept getting messages that my “upload failed.” After hours of trying to troubleshoot myself, I decided to look at the “Having Trouble Uploading a Video” FAQ Sheet. One of the recommendations on this sheet was to use a quicker web-browser. The first choice under that suggestion was “Google Chrome.”  
Defintion: Google Chrome is a new “fast, free web browser that is built for the modern web” (https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome).
 
Level of Familiarty: In terms of using google, I am very familair with the search engine and it is always my number 1 choice when it comes to searching for content. Google Chrome however was completely new to me. I have used other web browsers that have claimed to be faster such as mozilla firefox but never Google Chrome.
Reflective Commentary: Now that I know that Google Chrome is, I have already downloaded the app for my iPad to speed up my video uploads. I have not yet explored the browser to see if it offers other unique features.

No comments:

Post a Comment