Followers

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pistols- 12:2


When and Where: I encountered this word last night when I was reading a fellow cross-fitters post. Apparently, she made up a WOD (workout of the day) while she was in a hotel that did not have any crossfit equipment. She mentioned a series of exercises and included "pistols" in there. 


What does it mean: Pistols, in crossfit terms, are a one legged squat. According to http://www.crossfitendurance.com/blog/3/post/86, this website showed a demonstration of a "pistol" or one- legged squat. 

Level of Familiarity:  In terms of doing pistols, it is still a relatively new exercise for me. I have the balance and coordination but I am just working on my strength and endurance to sustain this exercise during a WOD (workout of the day). 

Reflective Commentary: I know I have mentioned this in other blog entries but crossfit is like a new language to me. Although I have been a "crossfitter" now for almost 7 months, I am still learning new lingo and exercises every time I go. I feel that crossfit is a relatively new approach to fitness and even my trainers are learning new exercises along the way. With cross-fit being described as an cross-disciplinary approach to fitness involving weightlifting, gymnastics, and cardiovascular training there are so many dimensions to be explored. Despite often feeling confused and slightly insecure about my form on various exercises, I will never stop doing crossfit. With anything that you learn, you are going to make mistakes. Even after 7 months, I am still learning and want to be a life-long learner of this new fitness approach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment