Followers

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Movember 10-2


10:2
When and Where: I came across this word at my crossfit gym's website.  I saw that my gym was participating in "Movember."

What it means: According to the http://us.movember.com/about/ website:  "During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces, in the US and around the world. With their Mo's, these men raise vital awareness and funds for men's health issues, specifically prostate and testicular cancer initiatives."
 
 
Level of Familiarty: Since I joined my crossfit gym, back in May, I have been exposed to several charities or runs that benefit medical research or other healthy initiatives. In September, I participated in the Dirty Girl Mudrun, where our funds went towards breast cancer research.

Reflective Commentary: Now that I know that Movember is I want to find a way that I can be a part of this cause. My grandfather is now in remission from prostate cancer. Luckily, his doctors found the cancer early enough where they could quickly treat it. I think this is a great initiative and the movement helps to raise so much awareness about men's health which can sometimes be ignored by some.

No comments:

Post a Comment